I like my chili and am always looking for variations. This is one from Deanna and I will be deleting this once she makes it and has the pictures to go with it.
She also has this awesome vegetarian chili recipe that is even better than this one. Can’t wait for that one. Hopefully with the cooler seasons approaching, there will be more posted.
Lean meat Chili Recipe
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 3-4 hours
- Yield: About 10 cups
- 1 lb. lean hamburger or turkey burger
- 1 large onion
- 2-16 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1-16 oz. can chili beans
- 1-16 oz. can kidney beans*
- 3-4 tsp. chili powder**
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 6 cups water
* Black Beans may be added or substituted for Kidney Beans.
**Add additional teaspoons for a spicier flavor.
- Chop the onions.
- Combine the chopped onions and lean meat in a skillet.
- Brown the meat and then drain the liquid.
- Add meat to crock-pot.
- Rinse Beans.
- Add all remaining ingredients to crock-pot.
- Cook 2-3 hours on a gentle bubble.
Set crock-pot to High for about an hour until bubble then turn to Low. Please be aware that each crock-pot can be different, so cook times can vary.
This recipe stores well in the refrigerator and freezer.